HOW TO MAINTAIN A TIDY HOME DURING A BUSY WEEK
Building a career can be long and tiresome when you are married with children. Time is very limited and each moment of your day is spent doing either something you love or something you don’t. With so many things on your to do list, maintaining a tidy home during a busy week can be the least of your worries.
As a wife and mother a clean house is very important to me. Realistically, it’s not always likely to be spotless with small children and limited time. Whether it’s picking up toys or hanging clothes, creating a daily household routine has helped me maintain a tidy home. Staying on top of chores along with other responsibilities can be very overwhelming. In addition to cooking, helping the kids with homework, and ironing for the next day, cleaning the house should be easy and simple throughout the week.
With these daily habits you will be able to maintain a tidy home during your busiest week.
TIPS TO MAINTAINING A TIDY HOME
- MAKE THE BED– Making the bed is the first chore of the day. Being that the bed is the focal point of every bedroom, a tidy bed will make a messy room seem less messy. Not to mention nothing is more welcoming than a fully made bed at the end of a long day.
- VACUUM/ SWEEP FLOORS- High traffic areas in your home should be vacuumed and/or swept daily. To reduce allergens in your home and cut down the amount of dust you inhale, vacuum more frequently. For those hard to reach areas with the vacuum, use the broom to sweep dirt and dust out of corners and on to the floor for an easier access.
- HANG UP CLOTHES– Nothing makes a house look more messy than clothes thrown on the floor. Coats hanging on the back of chairs, socks in the couch, and bras hanging in the bathroom are just a few things that can be picked up and placed in the laundry basket to keep a tidy home. Every night before bed finish the night with a quick run through to pick up clothes to have a smooth clutter free morning.
- CLEAR COUNTER TOPS- Mornings are extremely busy. Try to make a little time at night before bed to put away that flat iron, or blow dryer to prepare for the next morning.
- TAKE OUT THE TRASH– Trash should be taken out at least once a day. Not taking out the trash can cause a unhealthy home. When cooking chicken or cleaning the refrigerator, remember to take the garbage out as soon as possible to avoid bacteria in the home.
Good tidying habits can be done first thing in the morning or right before bed at night. These are only a few tips that have helped me get through my busy week. Use this list to create your own list of things you can do to maintain your home for a more happier environment.
FREE CLEANING CHEAT SHEET
FOR DAILY, WEEKLY, AND MONTLY HOUSEHOLD CLEANING GOALS.